Change Or Die (1996)
CD UK: 18 Mar 1996 | Sony Soho Square | 481313 2
CD EU: 18 Mar 1996 | Sony Soho Square | 481313 2
CD AU: 18 Mar 1996 | Sony Soho Square | 481313 2
CD JP: 18 Mar 1996 | Sony Soho Square | 481313 2
CD UK: 1995 | Sony Soho Square | XPCD 753 (Promo)
CD UK: 1995 | Sony Soho Square | XPCD 701
- When 4:14
- Secrets 3:44
- White Skies 4:02
- Exodus 3:30
- Looking At You 4:05
- When (K-Klass Radio Edit) 3:37
CD US: 8 Jun 1999 | Whirling Records | WH-3016-2
- Exodus 4:51
- Ice Screems 2:06
- Something 4:01
- When 4:32
- Syclik 5:25
- For Maddened Prophets 5:54
- Looking At You 6:07
- No Angel 4:48
- Secrets 3:43
- Cheng Cheng 4:28
- White Skies 5:59
- Be Of Good Heart 5:31
- When (K Klass Remix) 5:37
- Looking At You (Jimmy Gomez Remix) 7:13
- Who Will Love Me Now (Jimmy Gomez Remix) 2:26
CT UK: 18 Mar 1996 | Sony Soho Square | 481313 4
CT UK: 1995 | Sony Soho Square | XPC 4139 (Promo)
23 May 2006 | Annalogic | iTunes
27 Mar 2007 | Annalogic | iTunes
23 May 2006 | Annalogic | Amazon
DL: 27 Mar 2012 | Sunscreem Music | Beatport SSM003M
- Change Or Die (Continuous DJ Mix) 57:31
Written, produced, recorded, and mixed by Sunscreem.
Mix engineers – Mark “Spike” Stent for SSO (Exodus, When, and Secrets); Julian Mendelsohn (Looking At You and White Skies).
Production ably assisted by Gary Hughes, Dan Zamani, and Rob Wash. Additional recording engineering – Gary Wilkinson.
Album sequenced by Paul Carnell and mastered by Jacko Adams. Technical assistance by Steve Bush, Pete Brookes, Andrew Brown, VDC and Keith Lynch.
Vocals, cello – Lucia Holm. Keyboards, vocals – Paul Carnell. Bass, vocals – Rob Fricker. Guitars – Darren Woodford, Wayne Symms. Drums – Duane Brasier, Sean Wright. CDJ – Gary Bailey.
A chaotic production with: Synthesizers – Gary Hughes, Dan Zamani, Rob Wash; Percussion – Pascal Benadjaoud, Tony Rush, Keith Le Blanc; Backing vocals – Claire Board, Wendy Davis; Additional guitar – Kris Buckle, Greg Lester; And in the wings – John Carnell, Mark Shimmel.
A&R – Diane Young. Backstage – Jim Smith, Kenny MacDonald, Dave East. Photo by PC. Original Critter drawing by Lucia from a sighting in Baz’s garden.
UK/EU/AU/JP: Published by BMG Music Publishing Ltd. ℗ + © 1996 Sony Music Entertainment (UK) Ltd.
US: Published by BMG Music Publishing Inc. ℗ + © 1999 Kali Records, licensed to Whirling Records.
UK Release Date: 18 Mar 1996
US Release Date: 8 Jun 1998
Second studio album with hits When, Exodus, and Looking At You. Album is sequenced / partially mixed.
- Sony / Columbia had already assigned catalog numbers to the US release – CK 67545 for CD and CT 67545 for tape – when it was pulled at the last minute. Instead, the same year Looking At You was released in the US as a single. In 1999, the album finally came out in the US on Whirling Records, with three bonus tracks – mixes of When, Looking At You, and Who Will Love Me Now (sadly, mislabeled as Who Will Love Me More).
- Ice Screems is listed as I Scream on promo tape (XPC 4139). For Maddened Prophets is listed as For Mad Prophets on promo tape (XPC 4139). CD promo, released about the same time, shows correct track titles.
- Amazon “CD On Demand” service was discontinued sometime in 2020.
SUNSCREEM HQ notes (2018)
- With their second album “Change or Die”, Sunscreem showed their unique ability to combine underground attitudes and underground rhythms with a full-blooded pop sensibility. The album contains the two enormous club anthems “When” and “Looking At You” which sealed their reputation on the burgeoning American rave scene and kept them busing playing live in America for the best part of a year.
The message was also spreading across Europe and record release, tours and festivals followed in Belgium, Holland, Finland, Norway and Denmark.
“Change or Die” contains four UK top 30 singles including Exodus and the ever poignant “White Skies”.